automation_tester
Frequent Visitor.

MC Agent is not being started on iOS device connected to Mac machine

Mobile Center Server: Installed on Windows 10
Mobile Center Connector: Installed on Mac OS X 10.11.5

I am trying to connect an iOS device(IPhone 6S) to Mac connector, under devices section after log into server, device status is showing as 'Disconnected' and asking for 'Developer certification required, I already have installed developer certificate on Mac machine. Please find the steps followed for the process

1. Installed MC Server on Windows
2. Installed MC Connector on Mac OS X
3. Installed Developer certificate on Mac machine and got code signed iOS apps as described in the following link
http://mobilecenter.hpe.com/Content/movie.htm
followed the instructions as described on "Sign iOS apps with a Developer certificate"

4. Restarted the iOS device 

Logged into MC Sever account, I am not able to see the device availability under devices section, still It is showing status as 'Disconnected' and showing as MC Agent cannot be installed on the device (Developer certicate required)

Could you please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong? Please provide the steps to follow to get out of the above issue.

Thanks in advance,

Nagaiah

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: MC Agent is not being started on iOS device connected to Mac machine

Hi,

Did you replaced the signed Agents on the connector machine and restarted the service (not the device)?

The Agents are pushed to the device automatically on the device connect. 

With MC 2.50 verison, there is HOW TO section on the devices screen.

0 Likes
automation_tester
Frequent Visitor.

Re: MC Agent is not being started on iOS device connected to Mac machine

Thanks for the reply,

As suggested I followed the code resigned process, replaced the signed Agents i.e. HP4M-Agent.ipa and  HPMC-AgentLauncher.ipa on connector machine and restarted the service, as a result MC Agent is started on iOS device connected to Windows Connector but not on the Mac connector, due to this I am not able to see the device availability on MC Server devices section . Please check the attached MAC_Connector_Logs.zip file contains connector.log and device_connections.log (taken from MC Connector Installation/connector/log folder) and suggest me the process to be followed.

Regards,

Nagaiah

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.