Shardool-1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mobile Center 2.01 Object identification queries which needed to be addressed on priority

I am using UFT 12.53 and HP Mobile Web browser, while spying an object through Object Spy the object properties are displayed with hierarachy Browser >> Page >> Object,.

In previous version of Mobile center same objects were getting identified by hierarchy Device>>Application>>MobileWebView>>Object. If i Spy any object in HP Mobile Web browser and check the browser Version it is displayed as Chrome.

We are testing a WebApplication on both Desktop browsers and Mobile browsers
Below are my questions,would request you to go through the same and provide your inputs :

1. So does that mean there wont be any device dependency while identifying any object through Object repository.

2. After 2.0.1 The scope of Device Id and Application identifier will be just to launch a device. Device ID and Application Identifier wont play any role in object identification when the object is added into the Object repository.
Am I right? Please confirm.

3. We are using BPT framework and we run scripts on multiple devices. While using MC 1.52  objects gets added into the object repository with  "Device>>Application>>Mobileview" hierarchy. So when we will upgrade mobile center to 2.0.1, at that time we dont need this hierarchy in our Object repository? Will it support both the heirarchy (Browser>>Page  and Device>>Application>>Mobileview)?

4. Can we use the same scripts and objects  created on Desktop chrome browser on Android Mobile center web browser and Android Chrome browser and iOS device safari browser?

Thanks,

Shardul 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Mobile Center 2.01 Object identification queries which needed to be addressed on priority

Hi,

Yes - all your assumptions are correct!

1. There wont be any device dependency while identifying any object through Object repository.

2. Device ID and Application Identifier wont play any role in object identification when the object is added into the Object repository.

3. Browser>>Page  and Device>>Application>>Mobileview supported

4. Use the same scripts and objects  created on Desktop chrome browser on Android Mobile center web browser and Android Chrome browser and iOS device safari browser

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.