Ameent
Visitor.

Mobile Center unable to identify app pop up

Hi,

I am using Mobile Center 2.50 with UFT 12.54. When I record MC doesn't identify app pop up objects and operation on them. I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge phone for testing.

I tried to use object spy on pop up object. MC doesn't identify the app pop up window either.

Glad if someone can help me on this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Mobile Center unable to identify app pop up

Hi,

Are you using Packaged version of the app? In this case, the pop-ups that will be raised by OS cannot be recognized.

Can you please try both modes - packages and non-packages?

This option is activated once you are selecting the app (there is a checkbox for it).

0 Likes
Contributor.. Kdas Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi Ameent,

I faced similar issues while trying to use UFT object spy. It seems UFT object spy doesnot work seemlessly all the time.

To resolve this, you can try finding the object using child objects. 

UFT, normally able to view/find the objects using Child objects method.

Give it a try.

-KD

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are trying to click something on the pop up, I find Device.ClickOnText does this job quite well.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. esb2290 Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Ameent,

Try to use the insight recording. This recording an image-based identification ability to recognize objects in your application.

I hope this help you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.