Sidd9433 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WEBVIEW is not available for hybrid app

I am trying to test an hybrid app (cordova, crosswalk build) in a real android device. I am using Appium in order to use selenium. I am able to launch the app in the device but its not possible to switch to the WEBVIEW, the reason is only one context is available that is NATIVE_APP.

But I can debug the app using chrome remore debug & can inspect the elements.

Here is the capabilities I am setting. 

capabilities.setCapability("platformName", "Android");
capabilities.setCapability("uuid", "3300f358d02c5297");
capabilities.setCapability("userName", "user");
capabilities.setCapability("password", "pass");
capabilities.setCapability("appPackage", "package");
capabilities.setCapability("appActivity","activity");
AndroidDriver driver = new AndroidDriver(new URL("mobile center url"), capabilities);

Without the WEBVIEW its really hard to inspect the elements. Can anyone tell me what can be the reason of not getting the WEBVIEW context?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WEBVIEW is not available for hybrid app

Can you please specify which version of Mobile Center do you use? Also, what is cordova version of the app?

Also, please post this info to mcfrd@hpe.com and attach the app, so we will be able to test it internally.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.