Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

ADO Could not create scheduler, please verify ALM client installation on run machine by downloading

Getting error while running UFT cases in ALM through ADO pipeline

ADO Could not create scheduler, please verify ALM client installation on run machine by downloading and in installing the add-in form: https://<alm server>/qcbin/TDConnectivity_index.html

I have installed everything as mentioned and ALM client registration also available on slave machine.

Please let me know if you have any solution for this?

@PaulaP 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ADO Could not create scheduler, please verify ALM client installation on run machine by download

Hello,

Judging by the error's text, it seems like the path to the test set is not correctly specified. Could you please re-check the Test Sets path field, as well as the ones for you Domain and Project in your pipeline configuration? (see attached image as an example).ALM_Tests_Path.png

Eventually, launch IE as administrator and perform another ALM Client  Registration, delete the contents of your agent's _work\_tasks folder and re-run the pipeline?

Please let me know if you have managed to solve your issue.

Thank you,

Paula

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: ADO Could not create scheduler, please verify ALM client installation on run machine by download

Thanks Paula for the response.

I have installed ALM client registration by admin access. Also the path of test set is also correct. You can see the its retrieving the test set  name and id properly "Test set name: ADO, Test set id: 1012" in the log.

Recently we just changed the slave machine and installed agent on new machine. So its not working from that point. Otherwise it was working with same path. There is no change in the ALM as well for the path.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I see. Since you are using a new agent machine, could you check the path for the UFT_Launcher in Environment Variables? It should be point to where the UFT_Working folder is located.

Thank you, 

Paula

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Paula,

They are also set properly. Please find the screenshot. 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

Since they're all set up properly, the issue could only be in regard to the ALM Connectivity. Please go to your ALM server, to the addins.html page (e.g. http://YOUR_ALM_URL:PORT/qcbin/addins.html), select ALM Connectivity, download the TDConnect.exe and re-install it.

PaulaP_1-1589271072549.png

PaulaP_0-1589271061412.png

After the process is done, please retry to run your pipeline.

Thank you,

Paula

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Paula,

I did it multiple times still not working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

There's a last thing we could try about it. Please follow the steps listed below. They seem redundant, but we could give a try to this entire flow and, hopefully, solve the issue.

Steps to follow:

1.  Clean your agent's _work\_tasks folder
  2. Reboot agent machine
  3. Make sure the connection to the agent is established (the agent should be in the Listening for Jobs state)
  4. Go to ALM, to the /addins.html page, go to ALM Client Registration, then press Register ALM. Wait until this process is completed (the page should display a message like ALM client registration complete. Close this browser window.
  5. From the /addins.html page, go to ALM Connectivity, press Download ALM Connectivity and run the script
  6. Close ALM windows & run your pipelines

In case the behaviour remains unchanged, I kindly suggest you to open a support case in order to receive more information to solve this.

Thank you,

Paula

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi Paula,

I did exactly as you said. But still no luck.

I guess I need to raise ticket for this.

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.