Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AJAX support in UFT/LeanFT

Greetings,

We are evaluating UFT as replacement for current testing and have hit some problems regarding AJAX/dynamic calls. Our test scenario is a search page with jQuery event driven AJAX search:

1. Open search page
  2. Enter text into input without submitting search
  3. Check if results page has changed

In UFT we successfuly implemented the search with the help of Setting.WebPackage("ReplayType") = 2 in UFT. However when we attempted to implement the same test in LeanFT we got stopped as there was no way to trigger the change. At least no we can find / think of. 

We tried setting the value and nothing happens except for value change. We tried triggering "onchange" event on the input field. We tried enclosing it with onkeydown and onkeyup events with still no success. We also verified what happens when we trigger this using say Chrome console - nothing. So we concluded that event can not be triggered that way. 

Our question is: is there a way to trigger a "real" keyboard click like MouseEventInfo can? So far we see this as a large blocker to be used in AJAX environment as ours. How did you do in cases like this?

Best regards,
Janez

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again, 

I do not know why my reply was lost so here is the information again: this appears to not work only in Internet Explorer. Other browsers react on the events.

Best regards,
Janez

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am facing the same issue, lean ft doesnt support on change which is really weird, i have react web application where i am planning to automate but it is not working since onchange events are not getting triggered at all in Lean FT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.