Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

ALM Test Status Shows Failed even when tests are passing Quality Center 12.21.76 Patch 3

I'm executing a test set and all tests are displaying failed status.  However, if I look at each test report the tests are passing, but the status does not show the Passed status.  The status isn't even displaying the correct status if I stop the test during the run for a Not Completed status.  Everything is just displaying Failed regardless of the correct status.

Any idea what is going on? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ALM Test Status Shows Failed even when tests are passing Quality Center 12.21.76 Patch 3

hi, there

have you checked the filter in ALM? Sometimes it's set without the knowledge the user. Please try clear all the filter and see if the result is correct. 

And another double check you can de is to see whether the Run object itself is correctly showing the status. 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: ALM Test Status Shows Failed even when tests are passing Quality Center 12.21.76 Patch 3

Hi,

Thanks for the resposne.  I checked the filter and it didn't resolve the issue.  I'm not sure what you mean by checking the Run Object itself.  Here is a screenshot of the Test Lab Execution grid with the failed status and the test report for the same run showing passed.  The execution and result was launched from ALM.

TestResult.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

If you open from 'Launch Report' in the Test Lab -> Test instance (like in the attachment), there shouldn't be any difference between RRV and last status. If it is the case, please contact  Microfocus support. 

Another case is when the Test is in a version controlled project. In this scenario, if a Test is checked out, a user can run from the Test Lab but the result won't be updated to the Test Instance's last result because the Test itself is still under development. It is a known behavior. 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.