Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

ALM UFT Excel Data Resource Data Table Import Sheet sheet not found

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use ALM Testing Resource Excel in UFT, but it is erroring out.

When I run this from UFT it works fine; but from ALM it give me error 

The DataTable.ImportSheet operation failed. The specified sheet does not exist.

Here is the code:

Dim FileName : FileName = "[ALM\Resources] Resources\RaviResource101\Res103"
'Dim FileName : FileName = "[QualityCenter\Resources] Resources\RaviResource101\Res103"
' using either ALM or QualityCenter works from UFT, both fail from ALM 
Dim SheetSource : SheetSource = "Sheet1"
Dim SheetDest : SheetDest = "Global"
print("Start Reading Data Table")
wait(3)
DataTable.ImportSheet FileName, SheetSource, SheetDest
print("End Done Reading Data Table")
wait(3)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

I've tried on UFT 15.0.1 with ALM 15.0.1 P2, there's no problem to import the sheet.

I would suggest to open a CPE case for further investigation with the UFT DEBUG logs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi,

I suppose the "[ALM\Resources] Resources\RaviResource101\Res103" should be a DT resource on ALM, right?

Could you please let me know the UFT version, there's a similiar issue found in 15.0, but fixed in 15.0.1 already.

BR,

Lancer

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
Correct this is ALM resource and I am using version 15.1
0 Likes

I've tried on UFT 15.0.1 with ALM 15.0.1 P2, there's no problem to import the sheet.

I would suggest to open a CPE case for further investigation with the UFT DEBUG logs.

View solution in original post

Ensign Ensign
Ensign

I am using UFT 15.01 and I am trying to import a datatable from ALM resources to UFT

I've this and it said path doesn't exist

DataTable.ImportSheet "[ALM Resources] Resources\Demo\Test Datasheets\DemoKeyword.xlsx", "GenerateFormset_Basic", "GenerateFormset"

my excel has a sheet named GenerateFormset_Basic and I wanted to import into this named  action GenerateFormset in my test... 

Please advise

0 Likes

Hi,

You just need to specify the resource name in the function, not the excel file name like this:

DataTable.ImportSheet "[ALM Resources] Resources\Demo\Test Datasheets\DemoKeyword", "GenerateFormset_Basic", "GenerateFormset"

Suppose "DemoKeyword" is the resouce name on ALM.

BR,

Lancer

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.