Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

API Test Loading multiple XML files

I have been searching for an answer for this for a while now and not getting very far.

I need to do some web service testing and fire multiple XML files at a WSDL, I have one GUI test to create the XML files, which I'll then add as a step to the API test, the next stage is to import the XML files, however the only way I can apparently do this is add steps from the Web service multiple times and direct each step at a file, i.e. 'load XML'

I need to be able to fire hundreds possibly thousands of files, is there any way of doing this without having to point each step at a file?

Each time I run the test the files imported will be cleared down.  The documents will be loaded into a database and will include a unique reference field that will only import if the reference doesn't exist in the database already, so the order of events will be something like:

Generate 1000 XML files > Import 1000 XML files containing a unique reference > delete xml files from local machine > restart test.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Neil

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hello Neil,

I have been trying to help looking for information related to load a ''n'' quantity of xml files using a single step but unfortunatelly we do not have official documentation or instructions to accomplish what you required.

From other side, this maybe can be possible programmatically but as mentioned and this is customized there are no instructions for it already set.

What you can do is request an enhacement request as technical question to see if there is an option that could help easily to call all the xml you desire.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.