Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Accessing BPT Iteration Parameters

Our UFT/BPT testers are trying from their UFT script to view and update the parametervalues of a Business Process test - the values visible on the Test Instance Details->Execution Settings->Test Iterations tab. How can you do that?

The documentation in the OTA API guide is very obscure on this point. There are a great number of objects that relate to parameterization. A lot of them are described as deprecated. Another category only seem to relate to manual design step parameters.

And other parameter objects that seem to fit with BPT components will require object type casting, which is not possible in VBScript since it is an untyped language that only supports late binding. So trying to use such objects will result in an error. 

(Cross posted from QC forum)

Jan Czajkowski

[Please do not contact me off line for receiving support. Use the forum!]
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

What is the exact use case in them wanting to do this?  I don't understand the reasoning at this point, but I definately wouldn't attempt to do this through OTA from a UFT script.  I suppose you could link through an API test call and handle that way if you really needed to, but this is an odd situaiton on why it's needed.

That said, if they have a need for dynamic data, then they should consider using test configuration at the BPT test level and link said parameters to a data sheet.  Then, they can alter the data sheet directly which would be picked up by the test/configration at run time.  Altering the datasheet can be done in multiple ways, of course.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jan,

Check this post to edit iteration data for BPT.  I used BPT a long time ago & don't have access to verify. Hope you can still manipulate the iteration data the same way 🙂 

Rajkumar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.