Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Action not found - randomly

Hi all,

We are using UFT 12.53 and we are randomly getting tests that get their actions missing on load. For example (see image) this test can not find "Enter delivery information" action that is defined in an external test. The test is linked using relative paths and is not moved in any way. When the action is removed and then re-added it sometimes happens that saving, closing and reopening the test the same action will be missing again. We are using everything as external test so we can reuse it later in similar tests.

This is really annoying as we try to run tests every day at the end of the day and tests randomly stop working. 

Does anyone else has this issue and if so - how did you remedy it?

edit: it seems to happen more often when a test A is loaded in solution that includes also loaded reusable test B and changes to test B are made but sometimes it happens just by openning an old test.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looks like an issue that should be reported back to HPE.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I hate to respond to myself but I got it repeatable and ask if anyone else can reproduce the same issue. The issue occurs when a test includes duplicate action and gets one of the action removed.

How to reproduce: 

1. Create a test
  2. Add Existing action and include it into the test
  3. Add Existing action and select From test: <Current Test> and add action from step 2)
  4. Save and close test
  5. Reopen test
  6. Remove first action
  7. Save and close test
  8. Reopen test

After these steps you will have one action with missing symbol and no possibility to select new location for the action and the only way to fix it is to remove it and re-add it into the correct position and parameters.

Can anyone reproduce this behaviour?

BR

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Instead of calling the action with RunAction, use LoadAndRunAction and give a path and name of action. This will load and then run the action instead of looking for an action to run with RunAction.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.