Announcing Vivit SIG Talks - Register Today for the SIG Talk Quality & Testing: Discover the New!
What is a SIG Talk?
A SIG Talk is a presentation with three 12-15-minute segments by different speakers. Currently, the content for each of our 2018 Quality and Testing SIG Talks will be around the topics of Functional Testing, Performance Testing, and Security and how they all pertain to testing in general. Presentations will share real world experiences, best practices and demos.
These SIG Talks will be held on the second Tuesday of each month at 12:00pm ET. There will be 3-5 speakers per presentation who will share their knowledge, experience and learning. Our object is to be an advocate providing our Vivit members with the opportunity to spread education throughout our community.
If you are interested in participating as a speaker for one of our 2018 Test and Quality topics or would like to offer another topic, suggest a speaker or sponsor a SIG Talk please take a moment to answer our survey to enroll in an opportunity to speak.
2018 SIG Talk - Quality and Testing Schedule
Date SIG Talk Moderator
January 9, 2018 Proven Practices Todd DeCapua
February 13, 2018 Testing Tools Chris Trimper
March 13, 2018 Tips & Tricks Tammy Young
April 10, 2018 Proven Practices Mark Herbert
May 8, 2017 Testing Tools Mark Ford
June 12, 2018 Tips & Tricks Chris Scharer
July 10, 2018 Proven Practices Richard Bishop
August 14, 2018 Testing Tools Todd DeCapua
September 11, 2018 Tips & Tricks Chris Trimper
October 9, 2018 Proven Practices Tammy Young
November 13, 2018 Testing Tools Mark Herbert
December 11, 2018 Tips & Tricks Mark Ford
Discover a New SIG Talk – Quality and Testing
Tuesday , December 12, 2017
9:00 - 10:00 AM PST (Los Angeles), 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST (New York), 18:00 - 19:00 CET (Frankfurt)
Vivit launches their first ever SIG Talk event with three speakers who will give you insights into StormRunner Functional, Dynamic data handling in performance tests as well as AI and machine learning as it applies to testing.
- How StormRunner Functional is the latest functional test offering from Micro Focus. In this session, Chris Trimper, an early adopter and beta tester, will share his experiences with this new product.
- How Virtual Table Server (VTS), in days of Mercury Interactive, was the often overlooked repository for dynamically updated real-time test data. Even after a revamp and relaunch in 2014, many people still don't use it, but they should. Richard's VTS demo will help you to get value from this great add-on for LoadRunner and Performance Center.
- How Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning are rapidly impacting businesses and customers, enabling another massive shift through technology enablement. In this session, Todd DeCapua will share how these capabilities are being leveraged in Performance Engineering now, and into the future.
Head of Service Development/Delivery
Trust IV Ltd
- Performance engineering and continuous integration specialist with experience in a wide variety of business applications
- Highly experienced in non-functional testing of customer-facing and in-house applications primarily with LoadRunner, Performance Center and related products
- Proven track record of managing test projects and testing teams
- Has worked in consultancy and in-house performance testing roles since 1999
- Co-leader of the VIVIT Software User group in the UK as well as the elected president of their international board of directors
Senior Director of Technology and Product Innovation
Corporation Service Company
- Passion with a purpose in all walks of life
- Currently sits on Vivit's Board of Directors as the Vice President of Strategy and Innovation
- Leader and founder of several Vivit Worldwide Local User Groups (LUGs), Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and webinars
- Dad, wildlife conservationist and outdoor sports enthusiast
- Technical and business expertise and recognized domain authority in Mobile, Agile, DevOps, Performance Engineering and Internet of Things
Enterprise QA Senior Automation Analyst
- Western New York Vivit Local User Group (LUG) Leader
- Currently sits on Vivit's Board of Directors as the Education Chairperson
- Over 10 years experience in software QA; 8 years writing test automation and 4 of those years using Micro Focus software
- Manages a team of 5 QA Engineers
- Tech geek at heart