Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Anyone tried PDF Automation with UFT 14?

Hi,

We need to check the PDF content uisng UFT.

does UFT officially supports PDF Automation?

Is there any way we can automate PDF using other tools?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I have some browser based PDF's which I I copy to the clipboard then split the text on the previous field to the data I require, here's how I do it

set objCB=createobject("Mercury.Clipboard")
		' Here i am clearing already existing content in clipboard
		objCB.Clear()
	    Browser("CreationTime:=1").WinObject("object class:=AVL_AVView", "text:=AVPageView").Type micCtrlDwn + "a" + micCtrlUp
	    wait(1)
	    Browser("CreationTime:=1").WinObject("object class:=AVL_AVView", "text:=AVPageView").Type micCtrlDwn + "c" + micCtrlUp
	    wait(6)
	    ' Copying some text into Clipboard
		pdfText = objCB.GetText
		Wait(6)
'		Set DNF = Nothing
'		Set clip = Nothing
	    Temp = Split(pdfText, "Document Reference:")

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

There's a File Content Checkpoint available and PDF is supported. If you checking is text-based, you can try it.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.