Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Array upgrade problem

I just purchased and added a second drive cage (with included blue SCSI cable) and 6 36GB drives and second power supply to an ML530.

The first cage that was already in the server and its 6 drives are all working just fine.

No errors during POST but when I go into the array config, only 1 of the 6 drives is recognized. I've switched the drives around and I found no matter where the drives are positioned, only the drive in the bottom slot (this is a tower 530) is seen. All drives work in that slot but not in any other slot.

When I remove and re-insert the drives in any of the other 5 slots, the Activity Status LED lights up, then the Online Status LED lights up, then the Failure Status LED comes on and all 3 LEDs immediately go off.

I haven't tried swapping the 2 cables to see if the cable is bad but I'm sure I'd get a POST error if something was wrong with the c
cable.

Did I get a bad cage? Anything I can do for testing to determine if indeed the cage is bad? It is used and was supposed to be working when pulled from where it was used before. Anything that can be done to the cage to fix it? Or do I just need to get another cage?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Array upgrade problem

Got another cage and cable
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.