Highlighted
New Member.

Automation of Oracle Retail XStore With UFT

Hi Experts, Hope every one is doing great.

Does anyone give a try automating the Oracle Retail Xstore application using UFT ? 

There is a requirement here where we are trying to automate Xstore desktop app using the UFT. We tried with add ins such as Java, Oracle & other desktop based add ins. None of them are able to communicate with Xstore, the whole Xstore application is considered as a single window in UFT object spy like a Citrix or RDP.

There is an insight object approach (image based) in UFT which supports to an extent, but seems to be highly unstable solution.

Oracle Xstore Base Version : 15.0.1.168, UFT Version – 12.54

Please suggest below-

Can UFT support the automation of Oracle Xstore ? If so, what is the add in if not Oracle ?

Do I need an upgrade of UFT from 12.54 to 14 to support XStore ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Automation of Oracle Retail XStore With UFT

Hello Ganesh,

Unfortuanelly I couldn't find information related to Oracle Xstore in the Product Availability matrix for UFT v14.xx.

You can see the available support for Oracle technologies, but not for platforms like Xstore.

UFT 14.xx Product Availability Matrix (PAM)

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM02692341 

I understood you tried to use Insight recognition, which is part of the recommendations when trying to work with unsupported third party controls, since it isn't documented it is required to state it as unsupported.

For further information you can check and try alternatives provided in the below document:

How to work with unsupported or third-party controls?

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM186906

Warm regards,

Luis Alonso A.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Automation of Oracle Retail XStore With UFT

Hi Ganesh

I just wat to follow up with you on this request.

Was the information provided useful for you?

Please let us know if the information cleared your question about the supported technologies for UFT.

Regards,

Joaquin Viquez

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.