Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Best Tool to Automate Application hosted on Remote Desktop or Citrix

Hi,

Can anyone suggest which is the Best Tool to Automate Application hosted on Remote Desktop or Citrix???

TIA

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Best Tool to Automate Application hosted on Remote Desktop or Citrix

Hi

The problem with Citrix is that it is a presentation layer for all you can hope for is simple Windows recordings. You won't get the actual objects from the application being executed.

So I don't believe any tool can help

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

A colleague of mine had some success in the past by installing QTP (as was then) on the Citrix server and recording/running the tests from there.

From what I can remeber it was QTP v8.2 but it was not Citrix Xen app.

Mark Smith.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

Correct - you could publish QTP on the Citrix farm if the intention is purely for execution. I have done this previously with 10 Servers to manage regression testing and then using Lab Management to schedule

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.