Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Can I automate remote Windows RDP server, if UFT is not installed on remote server?

Jump to solution

Hi, I wanted to automate remote server application through local desktop. I can not install UFT on remote server as it is on client's side. How can I automate remote server?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can I automate remote Windows RDP server, if UFT is not installed on remote server?

Jump to solution

hi, there

UFT has Insight feature which can automate the application based on the image. So you may consider the RDP window as a single window the everything inside is a picture. UFT may look for the picture and do basic operations like sendkey or mouse click. 

It is not recommended, however, to use this approach. Insight is designed for unrecognizable objects and it's highly dependent on the resolution (the size) of the application. 

Thanks.

James

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can I automate remote Windows RDP server, if UFT is not installed on remote server?

Jump to solution

hi, there

UFT has Insight feature which can automate the application based on the image. So you may consider the RDP window as a single window the everything inside is a picture. UFT may look for the picture and do basic operations like sendkey or mouse click. 

It is not recommended, however, to use this approach. Insight is designed for unrecognizable objects and it's highly dependent on the resolution (the size) of the application. 

Thanks.

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.