Highlighted
New Member.

Can UFT be used to test Windows 10 Tablet

Hello there,

Please confirm if UFT can be used to test Windows 10 Tablet. If so, please advise which version of UFT can help in that. If no, then please advise by when can this support be expected?

Thanks,

Isha Singh

Labels (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Quick response will be deeply appreciated as this is crucial for me to develop automation test strategy for my team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In general it should work as long as it is using supported Windows 10 version.

There might be scaling issues in terms of application layout, given that tablets are having quite different DPI compared to a normal monitor, I'd suggest that you give UFT 14.03 or the upcoming 14.50 a go and come back with more specific questions if any.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thanks @StickyFingaz for your reply. I have to automate testing on web based SAP application linked with an app on Windows 10 Tablet. The data from the windows app will update SAP system and vice versa. Presently am in a phase where we need to decide what tool to be used for automation. We already have a licenced UFT 12 version and hence I wanted to know if it can be used to do this task. Please advise your thoughts on this? Does UFT support automating this scenario

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It will not be possible for us to directly confirm if it can or cannot be done.

It depends on whether the technology used to build your app is supported by UFT.

The quickest way to find out is probably install UFT and try, we'd be more than glad to assist if you have more details of the app and how UFT recognizes it by then.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.