UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can inspect object using Spy but the object can not be added to repository

Hi All,

I have situation in my project where I can inspect object using  Spy but while adding the same object to repository, it gives error "Selected object cannot be added to the object repository"

Object details : Its a pop up window that appears after clicking on some icon. And pop up window has few buttons under it. Object closes when you navigate away from application to UFT.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Commander
Commander

Seems like this is dynamic object, where you are having issues to add object using the object spy window.

You can do the following:

Create descriptive object using any uniques identifiable properties. Descrptive programming

Instead of adding object, CREATE object in the object reprository for that class type with the properties you see in object spy if you want an Object in the repository,

Easier option would be to use descrptive programming and use any uniquie property eg html id or wrtie xpath.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Kumar,

What is the object repository size?

When OR gets size of 8.5MB, usually we get this error pop up saying "selected object can not be added to repository".

Possible solution is to split the object repository.

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.