Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can not record right clicks, double clicks and windows "ribbon" objects in UFT 12.02

Anyone knows how to solve this issue? I am using UFT 12.01 build 2374. When I am trying to record script, it is not able to record right clicks , double clicks and windows ribbon objects where you click on it and it opens up with list of options. Also, when I am recording, it by default goes to datatable global. So all the objects are save over there. Since i am using demo version, there is a limit to test that 250 objects can be stored in data table global. This is the sample code where i have right click on object ,

Window("Window").WinListView("SysListView32").Select DataTable("SysListView32_Item2", dtGlobalSheet)
Window("Window").WinObject("SHELLDLL_DefView").Click DataTable("SHELLDLL_DefView_X2", dtGlobalSheet), DataTable("SHELLDLL_DefView_Y2", dtGlobalSheet)
SwfWindow("Welcome, hetal trivedi").SwfButton("Close").Click

Any advice will be helpful. TIA

HT

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can not record right clicks, double clicks and windows "ribbon" objects in UFT 12.02

Hi,

I think the application you are trying to automate is an .NET third Part Controls application. (It could be Infragistics or WINFORMS or Dev Express or etc)

For this to automate you need appropriate addin to identify respective objects.and also make sure you open appliaction from QTP( record & run settings).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can not record right clicks, double clicks and windows "ribbon" objects in UFT 12.02

Thank you for your reply. Would you be able to specify which add-in needs to install in order to record script? You are right about .NET applications. 

Appreciate your help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is your application type?

Based on the app tye we can decide the addin. (web or winforms ? )

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The application is Winforms. Also , Ribbon is used in outlook 2013 as well. I have attached file to check which add-ins I already have. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.