Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Can´t disable Active Screen. I need still image capture.

Hi,

I´ve been struggling with this for a year.

After I run a test script with UFT, the report viewer shows an Active screen in the "Captured data" panel, even though I had disabled it on Tools/Options/GUI Testing/Active Screen, Capture level = "None".

I need the still image for testing purposes, instead. It is active through Tools/Options/GUI Testing/Screen capture, Save still images... = "Always".

Add ins loaded: .NET and Web.

When I run SAP tests (addins Web and SAP), I can capture still images.

Has anyone noticed this? Is there a solution or a workaround?

UFT version 12.02 build 3249. Windows 7 SP1. Internet Explorer 9.

Thanks!

Matías

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

After you have selected option 'None' in the 'Reset to' field, click the 'Reset' button and then the 'OK' button.

If you click the OK button without clicking the Reset button, then the changes aren't saved.

Regular Contributor..

Thanks RajkumarR for the response.

I tried as you said and is not working. Still getting the Active Screen in the report.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try the following options and see if it works -

1. Tools/Options/GUI Testing/Active Screen/click on Custom button, Under Web there are two options -

-->Disable active screen capture - check this one

-->Capture original html source - uncheck this one

Click on OK.

2. Go to File> Save As and uncheck the option Save Active Screen files

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

@Matiasg wrote:

I tried as you said and is not working. Still getting the Active Screen in the report.

You are mixing up terms here. Active Screen is different from the Still Images that you see on the Test Results.

Active Screen is captured when you are recording a test & it's equivalent to a live screen object, from where you can add obejcts/checkpoints etc. Still Images on the other hand are plain image objects that appear in the Test report after the tests have been run.

Inorder disable the still Images on the Test Results you have to change the below setting.

Tools -> Option -> GUI Testing -> Screen Capture -> Save still image captures ... *Uncheck this option

What are you looking for? Do you want to store Active Screens when recording a test or see the actual images of your application screen when the test was executed ?

Regular Contributor..

When I open the Test Results report, I´m not seeing a still image in the Captured data pane, but instead a "reconstruction" of the web that was tested. I mean that I can see (again, inside the Captured data pane) the web and interact with it: click the buttons, open combo boxes, type inside text boxes, etc, just like with the web, but looks awful, all kind of broken, because it fails to reproduce all objects and sizes correctly. So i need the still images, the common print screen, so I can see what actually happened.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

@swaroopjoshi wrote:

Try the following options and see if it works -

1. Tools/Options/GUI Testing/Active Screen/click on Custom button, Under Web there are two options -

-->Disable active screen capture - check this one

-->Capture original html source - uncheck this one

Click on OK.

2. Go to File> Save As and uncheck the option Save Active Screen files

Tried this, no results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you want a screenshot of what happened during your run, place this line of code in your script/function library -

Browser().CaptureBitmap "C:\temp.jpg" --- this will capture the image of browser and save it to file

OR

Desktop.CaptureBitmap "C:\temp2.jpg" --- this will capture the image of desktop and save it to file

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor..

When I test SAP (i did for the 5 last years) in the Captured data pane of the Test Results report of UFT i get a still image capture of the desktop, in which i can see SAP and whatever else is opened, such as other applications and windows. It also sometimes happens that one of the windows block the view of SAP itself by being in front of it. I mention this because it doesn´t seem to be a feature of SAP Add-in but of UFT itself.

So, it should capture screens of web pages as well. I just don´t know why it isn´t.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.