UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can we execute QTP script without write a single line of code in Expert view?

Hi,

For my current project, i am maintaining a function repository under ".txt"/".vbs" extension and I am calling all those funcions in a main script. I would like to know, that can I call the main script just like I am calling functions from object repository without writing a single line of code in expert view? If yes, please provide me the solution, its very urgent!!!

Thanks in Advance.
"Yesterday is already a dream, tomorrow is only a vision. But today well lived...makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and evey tomorrow a vision of hope"
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

why dont you have QTP scripts run from Quality Center and have the Workflow with QC (Quality Center) manage each execution?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

we don't have Qc license.

What I want to say that, if we exceute a "C" ("C Language") File, it use to create 4 files with extensions "Filename.c","Filename.exe", ""Filename.bak", ""Filename.bat". The actual "c" file (Filename.c) consists of the base code, instead "Filename.exe" doesn't consist of any code, but if we execute ".exe" file from command prompt, the results for "Filename.c" and "Filename.exe" are same. So, I would like to know that any ".exe" files will be available for QTP?
"Yesterday is already a dream, tomorrow is only a vision. But today well lived...makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and evey tomorrow a vision of hope"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.