Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot Run a script in UFT 12.54. I get an error stating Run folder has invalid characters

Jump to solution

I Cannot Run a script in UFT 12.54. I get an error stating Run folder has invalid characters such as / , . I have to delete all invalid characters in the path that I give to the run folder and then run it. I have to keep doing this every time I want to run a script. Is there a fix to it? Please reply

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Cannot Run a script in UFT 12.54. I get an error stating Run folder has invalid characters

Jump to solution

Not sure what's the real issue but you can try to move your tests to different folder where the full path of the test should not contain any special chars. Just give a try.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Cannot Run a script in UFT 12.54. I get an error stating Run folder has invalid characters

Jump to solution

Not sure what's the real issue but you can try to move your tests to different folder where the full path of the test should not contain any special chars. Just give a try.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. I looked at the folder but Folder is called Results so it does not have any special characters but the

folder path has the Test Script name and the Test Script name is for example TC4000,40001_VerifyIfDocumentWasPrinted  and Maybe the Test script name has a comma in it. That is why it is giving me this issue. But I have about 300 scripts in UFT so how can I rename all of them. It will take a lot of time.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I found out from HP that the issue I am having is a bug in UFT. The workaround for that is in order to run a script, press Shift and F5 keys and it will bypass the Run dialog box. Another way is how Shanmugavelu instructed to take out all the special  characters from the Test Name folder. Hopefully, that bug will be fixed as soon as possible.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.