Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Capturebitmap Error

UFT - v14.02

Windows - 10

Source Control - SVN

I've been using the setup above for 2 weeks and scripts are running fine, this morning I started getting a general run error on =the Capturebitmap command. I've tried using various drives/directories to see if it might be a change in permoissions issue but the error persists.

Any ideas what may be the issue?

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Capturebitmap Error

hi, Mark

What is the technology you're using? Does this happen on other technologies? Will you try to make the object fully exposed before running the Capture step to see if the error persists? 

Thank you.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It's standard web using IE, running a dual monitor (UFT on one, browser on the other) so it's always exposed.

If I copy the capturebitmap command to a similar setup but using Wondows 7 it works fine.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Mark

Could it be that the folder you want to save your picture:

1. you don't have write permission?

2. there's an existing file with the same name but you didn't choose to overwrite?

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Hi Mark

I see you said previously the script works fine. Did it work fine on Win 10, too?

If so, what has changed before it didn't work?

For example:

Did you just started to use dual monitor?

Did you upgrade you system? Or change the machine/vm you use?

Did IE or UFT version change?

Can you share Win 10 build number and IE version, and the line of script you used to CaptureBitmap, if possible?

Thanks

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Mark

Another thing, I don't think UFT supports dual browsers. Could you try to move IE and UFT to the same window and try?

Thanks.

James

Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Dual monitor, I think James means. UFT does not work with multiple monitors as a known issue. Try puting them in the same screen see if helps.

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I was using a dual monitor with Windows 7 successfully for a few years. However if I remove my laptop from the docking station the capturebitmap command works OK. 

Looks like it could be the Windows 10 / dual monitor combo.

Mark Smith

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.