Highlighted
New Member.

Catastrophic Failure when executing UFT API tests via QC

Hi,

We experience issue with executing API scripts via QC. We are able to run GUI tests, but not API.

The error shows "catastrophic failure".

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Catastrophic Failure when executing UFT API tests via QC

Hi Vyacheslava,

Please try the following steps:
-Go to “C:\Program Files\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin” or "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin" (if is a 64bits OS)
-Open the mic.ini file
-On the [Remote Agent] section add this line
-HandleLongTrans=1

Check if API test can be execute.

Regards.

HP support
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Thank you for the response

Unfortunately, this didn't help. I modified mic.ini file, but still received "catastrophic failure" error in the Automatic Runner window

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please try this:

ALM steps

1. Close ALM
                2. Dowload the ALMunistaller from this link
                3. Run it on the machine where you have the issue (Only if this machine is a ALM cliente machine)

4. Find TD_80 folder and delete all the files inside
                5. Move back to temp and search for Mercury interactive
                6. Delete all QC folders
                7. Launch run and type %appdata%
                8. Access HP folder
                9. Delete Quality Center folder.
                10. Delete QTP Folder
                11. Open the Regedit
                12. Navigate to this key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software
                13. Access the Mercury folder and delete the QC folder         

UFT Steps
                1. Close UFT
                2. Open Windows Registry Editor (Go to the Start menu, select “Run”, type “regedit” and click “Ok”)
                3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive
                4. Right click on “QuickTest Professional” folder, select “Export” and save the file prompted
                5. Right click on “QuickTest Professional” folder and select “Delete”
                6. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Mercury Interactive
                7. Right click on “QuickTest Professional” folder, select “Export” and save the file prompted
                8. Right click on “QuickTest Professional” folder and select “Delete”
                9. Browse to profile’s application data (Go to the Start menu, select “Run”, type “%appdata%\HP” and click “Ok”) and rename folder called “Unified Functional Testing” to “Unified Functional Testing.BAK”
                10. Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> UFT-> Repair.

If you cannot see it

-Launch UFT's Setup.exe like if you want to install it again.
                  -Select the option install UFT
                  -On the installation wizard you will see the option Repair.
                  -Check it and continue with the wizard

-Finish the repair process and launch UFT again and check if test is executed.

HP support
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.