Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Change the location of external actions

Is there any way to (easily) change the location of external actions in my tests? Both the tests and external (reusable) actions needed to change location, but I see the tests still hold the original location of the external actions (even though relative paths were requested) and this cannot be edited. Building the tests again seems to be the only solution, but this is a enormous task.

E.g.

[ALM] Subject\Wave 1\_Template Scripts\T_Axpi\Action1

should become:

[ALM] Subject\Wave 2\_Template Scripts\T_Axpi\Action1

The paths above are examples only (the real paths are longer and more descriptive, but would divulge company info)

If at adding the external actions the path would have been just T_Axpi\Action1 the current folders would be searched. Unfortunately you can only edit the path at the time you add the external action to your test and if you rely on QTP/UFT to make the path relative you're out of luck.

HP support has already given an answer:

For your information, this is a known issue and there is currently an enhancement request for this feature.
https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1J71040

Normally the path is not editable due to security reason as external actions could be used by multiple users. However, due to the increasing demand of this feature, it should be implemented in future release of UFT.

But I need it now, and not in some distant future (if ever).

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Change the location of external actions

Hi Paul,

I hope you are doing fine!

As you confirmed already there's an Enhancement Request for this task in UFT versions (QCCR1J71040/KM00865060) so basically the procedure required to let know HP Labs/HP software about this important change is done and will be up to them decide if it's required. Unfortunatelly this have been set as deferred, so they have no plans to add it soon.

What I can comment you that HP Software is developing a new version (UFT 12.50/LeanFT) so this will bring new features and improvements.

I hope this information was useful for you.

I'll be waiting for your response

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes

HP Software Support.

[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the answer as helpful]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

As disappointing as expected. Strive to keep the tool as unfriendly and unnecessarily complicated as always.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Paul,

I hope you had a nice weekend!

About the technical details remember this details may be helpful and summarize the procedure required on your side but so far the task can be performed manually as a workaround otherwise I'll be more than pleased to help you as much as be possible with this details.

Also Thank you for your feedback, we really will appreciate if you can provide the people in charge of customer satisfaction this details you commented me so we can do our best in order to improve our support assitance for the customers: 

software.satisfaction@hp.com

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.