Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Chrome suddenly slow

Hi all,

From a few days ago UFT Chrome testing has become really slow. Is this happening to anyone else? Installed UFT is 12.52, nothing was installed inside chrome, system is healthy and running fine with Firefox and IE.

Regards,
J

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Which version of Chrome are you on - and are you sure that Chrome did not auto-update? You have looked in the PAM to clarify that UFT 12.52 supports your current version of Chrome?

Is it the object recognition process which is slow? Do you use creation time on objects in the object repository?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi OM_H,

Version of Chrome is 51.0.2704.103 and as I checked it auto-updated to 51.0.2704.106. I can not access PAM since our accounting dept. is still negotiating the licence options and I am running on extended trial. 

I would say that probably object recognition is slow - for instance we have a step where we fill a huge form and action first waits for the first recognisable element and then fills each value using this meta steps:

if Element("nameInput").Exist(0) Then Element("nameInput").Value = "something" End If

The entire exists and value setting are really slow. We do not use creation time but mostly on id's with rarely some xpath. All tests run slow on Chrome so it is not only this form that is slow.

Best regards,
Janez

0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi JanezD and sorry for the delayed response!

I have looked into the PAM and must unfortunately confirm that UFT 12.52 do not officially support Chrome v.51.0 (UFT 12.53 on the other hand does). This means that you may run into these types of unwanted behavior.

My suggestion to you, to eliminate that the problem could for example be in the object recognition steps and/or in your test case configuration, is to create a new, empty test case, add the search bar at for example Google and see if the object recognition is just as slow there as in your more "complex" test case.

Good luck!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.