Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Connection Oracle database from UFT

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm new in UFT and I need to conect to a database. I added Oracle in the Add-ins and typed the next code:

DB_CONNECT_STRING = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle; Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST="myhost")(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME="myservice"))); User ID="myuser";Password="mypassword";"

Set myConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

myConn.Open DB_CONNECT_STRING

In the last line fails and appears the next message:

Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.

I saw in other posts people installed oracle client but I don't know if it's strictly neccesary.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

As far as I know you need to install the 32-bit Oracle client because HP UFT is 32-bit application.

Hope this helps!

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It looks like you don't have an ODBC driver installed. Check by doing the following:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools >  Data Sources (ODBC)  > Drivers Tab - If you don't see an ORacle driver here then you need to install one.

Mark Smith.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi Sperk,

Thanks for your help, I installed oracle client and now it appears Oracle en OraDB12home1. However I have the same problem!

I installed Oracle 64 bits, could it produces to fail?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

As far as I know you need to install the 32-bit Oracle client because HP UFT is 32-bit application.

Hope this helps!

Accept as solution and give kudos to the author if the information helped you solve your problem.

View solution in original post

Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi,

thanks for your help. I've tried to do that but when I'm going to install Oracle client 32 bits, it fails and appears the next message:

INS-13001 Environment does not meet minimum requierements

Thanks very much

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.