Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

DataTable.ImportSheet(FileName, SheetSource, SheetDest

I am using an .xlsx file (instrad of .xls) as source file because my source data file has more than 256 columns, when importing that file into my scenario with “DataTable.ImportSheet(FileName, SheetSource, SheetDest)”, there is no destination file parameter in the command and UFT automatically names the destination file as .xls which ignores/truncates the data file after column 256 due .xls limitations, is there a way to force UFT to use .xlsx instead?

Josue A. Chavez D.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: DataTable.ImportSheet(FileName, SheetSource, SheetDest

Hello Josue,

This is actually a known limitation of the tool, this was reported already , and in case that you will like to follow up the investigation you can go to this link, https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00712603

Unfortunately there are not current alternatives for this. other than use a file with less columns

Regards,

Francisco

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: DataTable.ImportSheet(FileName, SheetSource, SheetDest

Hello Francisco,

Thank you for the valuable input,  now I know MicroFocus is aware of the limitation. I have raised this concern in my organization so they can contact MicroFocus and see if they have an ETA regarding this change request.

Regards.

Josue A. Chavez D.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.