Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Delay Step execution not applied to functions/sub routines

I have Run Mode set to Normal to delay step execution by 500ms per line. 
However I have noticed that this setting is not being applied when functions and sub routines are ran from a functional library. 

Is there a way that I can apply this setting to all of my functions/sub routines? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Delay Step execution not applied to functions/sub routines

Hi NRidge99,

Hope you are doing well.

My name is Ruddy and I want to help you on this issue.

Run your test in Slow mode or set the ReplayAnimatedStepDelayTime registry key

QuickTest Professional has two run modes:
1. Normal mode - run your test with the execution arrow to the left of the statement, marking eachstep or statement as it is interpreted.
2. Fast mode - run your test without the execution arrow.

Running in Normal mode, the delay time between execution of two lines is made according to a default time that is defined by QuickTest Professional. If you want to change the default time and force QuickTest Professional to wait for a longer time between executed lines, please use the following steps:

1. Set QuickTest Professional to run in Normal mode. 

QuickTest Professional 9.x
   a. Go to Tools -> Options.
   b. Select the Run tab.
   c. Select the "Normal (displays execution marker)" radio button.
   d. Enter the number of milliseconds to wait between each step. The default delay is zero milliseconds.
   e. Click <Apply>, if available, then <OK>.

QuickTest Professional 6.5 through 8.2
   b. Select the Run tab.
   c. Select the "Normal (displays execution marker)" radio button.
   d. Click <Apply>, if available, then <OK>.

QuickTest Professional 6.0 and below
   b. Select the Run tab.
   c. Select the "Display Execution Arrow (Slow Mode)" radio button.

2. Set the default delay time.

QuickTest Professional 8.2 and below:
   a. Close QuickTest Professional.
   b. Open the registry editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).
   c. Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\MicTest

d. Right-click on the "ReplayAnimatedStepDelayTime" DWORD value. This value sets the delaytime and is given in milliseconds.
   e. Select "Modify" from the pop-up menu.
   f. In the Value data field, enter the delay time, in milliseconds, that QuickTest Professional should wait between execution of lines.

QuickTest Professional 9.0 and above
   b. Select the Run tab.
   c. Enter the number of milliseconds to wait between each step.

Note:
This option sets the delay between script lines whether they are Context Sensitive commands or pure VBS commands (such as the MsgBox command).

Please mark this answer as accepted solution or correct answer if this answered your question.

Best regards,

Ruddy Alvarez H.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Delay Step execution not applied to functions/sub routines

Hi Ruddy,

This only applys delays to lines in actions or functions stored locally within an action.

With delay mode turned on, lines of a function held within an external functional library continue to be ran in fast mode.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.