Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Desktop.ChildObjects count for micclass 'Browser' is incorrect

Jump to solution

In the function below in UFT 11.53 and 12.01, with no browsers active, the ChildObjects count is 0.  With 12.02 base and with the first patch the count is 1.  With browsers active the count is always 1 greater than the actual number in 12.02.  Has anyone experienced this?  Is it a known bug?  Is there a fix? Thanks!

Private Function GetBrowserCount()

Dim browserObject

Set browserObject = Description.Create
    browserObject("micclass").Value = "Browser"

GetBrowserCount = Desktop.ChildObjects(browserObject).Count

End Function

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had the exact same error as your described. The simple solution was to disable the Mobile-AddIn on UFT startup.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi,
I get a similar sort of thing with Java.  I am trying to get a count of all JavaWindows but "Desktop.ChildObject(oDesc) is not capturing a popup (non modal) window.  If I iterate through the child objects of Desktop then it will pick up a number of windows including my popup but identifies it as a standard window.  If I create a JavaWindow object using just the "handle" then suddenly Desktop will pick up the popup and I can work with it.  The problem is that I do not want to keep iterating through all the windows each time I create a JavaWindow object reference.  It would be better if I could create the object reference using the window properties as I do for all the other references I create.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We had the exact same error as your described. The simple solution was to disable the Mobile-AddIn on UFT startup.

View solution in original post

Absent Member..

Removing the Mobile Add-in resolved the issue.  Now I can tell HP support what the resolution is.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

HP notified and will be working on a fix for the issue when the mobile add-in is loaded and the count is wrong.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.