Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Disabling generating results files and folders from registry

Hi there,

Like QTP 9.0, I can't disable generating results files and folders from the registry.  In UFT, Mercury folder does not exist in the registry.  Could you please provide the steps to disable it.  By the way, I know how to turn off veiwing the results after running the script - this still generates files and folders.  I wanted to stop generating folders altogether.   Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

You can still disable generating results files and folders from the registry with UFT. The correct registry location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Logger\Media\Report or for 64-bit operating systems HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\Logger\Media\Report. Within that registry key, you need to set "Active" DWORD to 0.

Kind Regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks you, I appreciate the response.  I am running on Windows 10.  Hope this will work.  I will let you all know. 

Thanks again for your response.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.