Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Disabling steps in API test flow design

Hi there,

I have 15 to 20 steps on my API design.  There are test cases where I need few of them running one after another.  Currently, I am deleting the ones I don't need it and then run the others.  Instead of deleting and recreating, is there any option to disable or turn-off particular step while they are in the test flow desgn.  This would be a tremenous help if we can have feature like this. 
Thanks in advnace.
Akim

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Disabling steps in API test flow design

Hi Akimalan,

Hope you are doing well.

If you are talking about test sets you may use ALM : http://alm-help.saas.hpe.com/en/Latest/online_help/Content/get_started_alm_overview.htm.

please review this and let me know if this helps.

Ruddy Alvarez H.
Customer Support Engineer

If you find thst aat this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the pond show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Disabling steps in API test flow design

Hi Ruddy,

Thanks for your response back.  Unfortunately, we are not using ALM product in our environment at all.  I  wish there was "enable/disable" feature when you right click on a specific test flow step.  Or may be a button on in the properties.  There would be many sitituations where we don't need to run the full test flow (about 30 steps).  We should be able to pick and choose depending on test.  Or some skip option for each step.  There needs to be some mechanism for choosing the steps instead of running all 30 steps.  If we remove or delete the step, all the properties and links to data source get deleted forever.  It defeats the purpose of data driven automation.

Please let me know if there is alternate way.  I apprecaite your response back.

Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.