Highlighted
Visitor.

Does UFT 12.02 support chrome version 78

Hi, In my organisation currently we have only UFT version 12.02. But our AUT supports only chrome browser and chrome version 78 or above (Also application is built on AngularJS). As I understand from UFT support matrix, UFT 12.02 will not support chrome v78 and hence objects are being identified as WinObjects.

Do anyone know whether we have any UFT 12.02 patch to support chrome v78? Or any other solution if you can suggest will be really helpful. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Does UFT 12.02 support chrome version 78

Hi Raj, from memory I don't think it does, however if you check the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) that comes on the install disk for your version of UFT v12.02 you can verify that.

Any reason you cannot upgrade to v14.nn or 15.nn which does support Chrome v78?

Mark.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Hi Sperk. Thanks for the response.

I'm new to this organization, I have kick-started the process to upgrade the version but the timeline seems to be 2 months due to some restrictions. Meanwhile I'm trying to utilize the existing available version to see if can be automated and benefits realized for project.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Raj, there are some world class UFT experts on this forum, Alex, Sticky and all the other regular posters. You came to the right place for some help.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, Raj

I believe the supporting mechanism implemented back then in 12.02 for old Chrome, earlier than 39 i guess, is different. therefore, I don't think 12.02 UFT can support Chrome 78. Not even UFT 12.54 has a bigger chance to support it.

Thus said, I suggest you should upgrade to 14.53 patch 3 to have the support. Here is the PAM for UFT14.xx for your reference.

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/documents/uft/UFT_14.xx_PAM.html

Thanks.

James

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.