Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Error -2147467259 in UFT 14.03, IE10

After using our own framework in UFT 12.54 in IE 7 for a while, we are now migrating to UFT14.03 in IE 10. But I'm encountering this error that I could only manage using error handling. But i'm still curious as to why. The error did not show in previous framework (UFT 12.54, IE 7). Here is the code:

Set oCell = oCells(i).Object
rowNum = oCell.parentNode.rowIndex + 1

I get General Run error at the above 2nd line: General run error. Function file: functions.qfl Line (4725): " rowNum = oCell.parentNode.rowIndex + 1".

Err.number is -2147467259, and it is intermittent. The code is inside a loop, and it errors out at different values of i.

The issue is that the setting of oCell, for some reason, has not taken effect. The Local variables show that oCell is of type Object, but all the properties for the object are like null. Trying to print to console some of the properties gives me nothing.

If I execute the  line Set oCell = oCells(i).Object again, then oCell is correct, and everything keeps working fine. Object type is HTMLTableCell, which is the correct set.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Update: The error handling I implemented is causing other issues, so I rolled it back, and now I'm back to square one as to what is causing this error and how to fix it.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi, there

Microsoft has stopped supporting old IE versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support

Thus UFT has the same support aligned with IE and only IE11 is supported. Please kindly consider upgrading IE to continue your testing.

The error itself, however, is irrelevant to UFT. It's like a DB issue.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_access-mso_other-mso_2007/run-time-error-2147467259-80004005/ce27d2d0-8c1f-427c-a9c8-39e718d4a812

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Oops! My bad! I meant Windows 10, IE 11.

Thanks for the tip! I'll do some research on that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.