Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component

While retrieving data from webtable

Error message displayed as "Error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component"

UFT got stuck facing lot of issue.

I am using UFT 12.02

Can any have solution to fix this issue. please post me if got any solution.

Thanks,

Harikrishna D.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component

I am having the same issue.  Will you share your results with me?

Thanks in advance.

GG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com component

Hi this is GG.

I am not sure which tool you're using.

My issue with this error occurred  when I tried running a test in the Test Batch Runner.  The error I was getting is

"Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {2B9B8E92-EBAA-44AF-A23C-9FBD08EAFA54} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80131524 Could not find the specified DllImport Dll. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131524).
QTP is not launched."

I found that the solution to my problem was to

1) right-click on "Test Batch Runner" and select "properties"

2) Under the "Shortcut" tab, select "Run as adminstrator

3) Under the "Compatibility" tab, check the "Run the program in compatibilty mode for "Windows 7" and check the box to "Run the program as an administrator"

Then I was able to run the job successfully.  I hop this hope you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.