Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error "Object doesn't support this action"

Dear all,

I got an error "Object doesn't support this action" with the object which was mapped on WinTable.

I have a AxtiveX component, VSFlexGrid from ComponentOne.

UFT does NOT recognize VSFlexGrid so I mapped the VSFlexGrid onto WinTable using User-Defined under Object Identification.

When I record, VSFlexGird is identified but UFT creates scripts with coordinates instead of proper method or properties.

It seems UFT recognizes the object as WinObject.

So I write scripts. Also I can see the autocompletetextview such as selectcell, getcelldata, setcelldata and so on while I am typing scripts.

while I reply the script I wrote, UFT shows the error "Object doesn't support this action" like below image.

If you know any ideas of the error, please let me know.

** I recorded how I got the error and uploaded the record file.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Captain Captain
Captain

Spoiler
Not sure what was in your zipped file as I don't know what to open it with but from what you wrote QTP sees the table as a WinObject - if you mapped it to a standard windows table object you may try losing the reference to the ActiveX object and see what happens or you may have to write a custom function to click in the cell based on a value or some other logarythm you create.  Also, sometimes you get those mesages when you shouldn't and what is really wrong is simply the row or column value does not exist and so the action can not be performed...
Spoiler

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

thank you for the reply.

I understood the activeX will lose all its own method or properties after mapping onto windows table.

But I tested it with the standard windows table method and properties.

I mean the standard windows table method and properties do NOT work. it shows THE Error.

If I am wrong, please make me correct.

thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.