New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error "The unhandled win32 exception occurred in QTPpro.exe" when check in QuickTest in QTP to QC

I try to check in QuickTest in QTP 11.00,  the error " The unhandled win32 exception occurred in QTPpro.exe[6464]"pops up.
My QC Version is QC11.
Note that: I can undo check out, and save as in QC.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

Watching the error seems that is related with the Script Debugger that is a QTP prerequisite. I would recommend at first step to reinstall it from Microsoft Site. Here is the MS download center http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx you need to look for the installer that match your OS.

If the problem persist please check the issue is reproducible as well if you make a local copy of the problematic script and run it in the QTP side without involving QC at all. If it is reproducible in that way please go ahead and open a ticket with Fuctional Testing Team and if it is only reproducible when connected to QC please open a ticket with Quality Center team because we would need to do a more customized troubleshooting.

If the answer resolves the query please mark the post as solved,

Hope it Helps!

Andrea Portillo

QTP Software Engineer.

Best,

JG

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi APM17,

Even I am getting similar issue, but looks like this one is related to Visual studio (please find screenshot attached).

When ever I work on WPF application by keeping Visual studio open, I am getting this error.

If VStudio is not opened, then i dnt get this error but I loose the windows taskbar.

could you please suggest wt could be the probelm.

QTP -11

VS- 2010

OS-XP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey,

Please go to QTP installation DVD and look for the prerequisites folder and install them all again.

Thanks,

Best,

JG

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.