Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ever use obj of className = yui-ac-input?

There appears to be a bunch of new objects of className = yui-***. They come from Yahoo UI project:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

I've run in to one called yui-ac-input. It's not a WebList and it's not a WebEdit. It's kind of like an auto-complete text box, like when you type into a Google search box and it offers suggestion as you type. I've attached a sample of how my company has implemented it on a web page.

Any ideas how to set/select from such an object?

Thanks.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bummer. Nobody's seen this before.

Oh well......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using QTP 10. I just tried out the text field meant for entering a state on the site you mentioned. QTP 10 does recognize it as a WebEdit.
Browser("YUI Library Examples:").Page("YUI Library Examples:").WebEdit("Enter a State").Set "AL"
Its class is yui-ac-input.
I do not have web extensibility currently installed(though I advise you do).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.