Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Execute LeanFT test cases from ALM

Jump to solution

I use IntelliJ IDEA for test development, but not sure how could I integrate LeanFT to ALM. How could I execute LeanFT based test from ALM?

I use TestNG in this project.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The LeanFT-ALM integration is based on linking the assets instead of saving them in ALM.

It means that the ALM tests contain a link to the actual JUnit/TestNG tests but the Jar is saved on the execution machine. The ALM Test contains the information of what needs to be executed.

For your questions, the Jar should not be uploaded to ALM but stay on the execution machine. The TestExportTool helps to create the ALM Tests based on the LeanFT tests that are in the Jar.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi.

The information of LeanFT integration with ALM is located here:

https://admhelp.microfocus.com/leanft/en/14.03/HelpCenter/Content/ALMintegration/LFT-ALM-Intro.htm

Basically, once you have the test ready, you will need to map the test inside ALM and make sure the execution machine has the artifacts. Once ALM triggers the test, the test will be executed on the execution machine.

Best Regards,

Dror

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I found it, but not sure, what is the role of TestExportTool and how could I put generated jar file to ALM.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The LeanFT-ALM integration is based on linking the assets instead of saving them in ALM.

It means that the ALM tests contain a link to the actual JUnit/TestNG tests but the Jar is saved on the execution machine. The ALM Test contains the information of what needs to be executed.

For your questions, the Jar should not be uploaded to ALM but stay on the execution machine. The TestExportTool helps to create the ALM Tests based on the LeanFT tests that are in the Jar.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.