Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

.Exist isn't working for Java objects in UFT14

If Object.Exist(3) Then <do something>

This isn't working, i.e. UFT is waiting for 20 seconds (project's object sync timeout) and not just 3 seconds as intended.

Is this a bug in UFT14?

This appear to be an issue with Java objects only. Is anyone else also facing the same issue?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you I am not the only one! We installed UFT14 on our machine as well and to our dissapointment it does not work with Java applications, for exactly the same reason you stated! When stepping through something that contains .Exist() it just hangs there for a while and does nothing. HP please resolve this. Tried reinstalling and same issue persists. This is on a Windows 10 machine didnt try on 7. But probably wont bother with it until they fix this issue since we only test Java applications.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am testing a Java 8 application on Windows 7 64-bit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am currently using this ugly workaround atm but this is not what I want as this would create a huge script change effort.

varSync = Setting("DefaultTimeout")
Setting("DefaultTimeout") = 3
If JavaDialog("Question").JavaButton("Yes").Exist Then JavaDialog("Question").JavaButton("Yes").Click
Setting("DefaultTimeout") = varSync
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For us we wont bother a work around since we have hundreds of scripts with .Exist utilized. We downgraded back to 12.54.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

W

@UFTLearner wrote:

Hi,

I am currently using this ugly workaround atm but this is not what I want as this would create a huge script change effort.

varSync = Setting("DefaultTimeout")
Setting("DefaultTimeout") = 3
If JavaDialog("Question").JavaButton("Yes").Exist Then JavaDialog("Question").JavaButton("Yes").Click
Setting("DefaultTimeout") = varSync

Just giving an update here. We contacted HP at first they claimed it was a new feature (right...). But after some more hoops we were able to get a patch from them and it is now working. If the patch isnt public I suggest you contact them! Good luck.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.