Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Fetch and delploy values to HP ALM fields via UFT one

Jump to solution

I was surprised at the first manual test that I had to automate because it asks things like:

In HP ALM go to a certain requirement then copy a value from the name field then paste it in the actual result

or

In HP ALM go to a certain requirement then compare an actual value inside an attachment "word document" and compare it with the value in the expected result then post the actual value in the actual result field.

is there a way to fetch HP ALM field values or vice versa as deploying values to them with UFT? like calling variables?

is there a tutorial for certain keywords I can use to google the issue?

I appreciate your help immensely

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Fetch and delploy values to HP ALM fields via UFT one

Jump to solution

Hello Rami, 

Hope you are doing great! 

With this particular scenario that you shared, you can maybe give it a try using OTA with the ALM Integration: 

This enables you to automate integration operations during a run session, such as reporting a defect directly to an ALM database, so maybe you can try to obtain certain information required.

Please let me know if the information provided above was useful! 

Best Regards,

Adrian.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello Rami, 

Hope you are doing great! 

With this particular scenario that you shared, you can maybe give it a try using OTA with the ALM Integration: 

This enables you to automate integration operations during a run session, such as reporting a defect directly to an ALM database, so maybe you can try to obtain certain information required.

Please let me know if the information provided above was useful! 

Best Regards,

Adrian.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Artista,

I am trying to downlaod or save as a word document located in the attachment tab under requirement via vbscript in uft.  something like this

ReqFactory.Item(Req_Fields.Field("RQ_REQ_ID").Value).Attachments.NewList("").Item(1).Load True, Environment.Value("ResultDir")

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.