Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Flight 4a application "An unsupported operation was attempted" error received

Hi,

I am using UFT 14.1. My customer wanted to use the old flight application.(Flight 4a). I have taken the files from 12.52 version. But when I open the flight applcation it gives me " An unsupported operation was attempted" error.

Please let me know how to fix this. 

I have followed the below mentioed steps but no use.(this was given by a local contact)

Please find thr attached scrrenshot.

These files were from UFT 12.02 install.

Copy "flight" folder and "flight32.mdb" to directory.
Exact path likely doesn't matter, but typically:
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\

Register the gswag32.dll file:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\flight\app\gswag32.dll"

Create an ODBC connection.
NOTE: in x64 OS, need to use 32 bit ODBC, not the one under Administrative tools:
"C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe"

Create a System DSN with:
Microsoft Access Driver
Data Source Name: QT_Flight32
Description: QT Flight Reservations Data Source..
Select and point to the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\samples\flights32.mdb
NOTE: there is also a flights32.mdb under the flight\app subfolder, but the original
install was not using that one.

Thanks,

Sriram.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Flight 4a application "An unsupported operation was attempted" error received

Hei Sriram,

It's a longshot as the versions differ & obviously the app & supported files will differ. I don't think it's worth spending much time on it. What's the actual purpose of this exercise? Do you have an actual issue with UFT functionality other than the sample application?

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Flight 4a application "An unsupported operation was attempted" error received

Hi Rajkumar,

There is no fix in Win 2016 version. If I use Win 2012 then the old flight application will work.

There is no issue with UFT - thanks for your reply.

Thanks,

Sriram.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.