gaurav321 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Found Error Related to QTP Integration to our Project

ERROR: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {2B9B8E92-EBAA-44AF-A23C-9FBD08EAFA54} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800401f3.

I am creating an application with QTP integration. This application is working fine with QTP 11.0 but I found above error when i integrate my application with QTP 9.2.

I am nothing doing hard in this Application, just using QTObjectModel.dll. And create Coding in C#.

I found QTObjectModel.dll in QTP installation bin folder. This is of 11.0 so i think it also support lower version also but it is not working.

Please describe this to me how can i handel this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
mohsenfi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Found Error Related to QTP Integration to our Project

Hi,

Not sure if this helps, but are you aware of folder structure differences in new and old versions of QTP? I recall that there was different path for QTObjectModel.dll in different versions.

Old: C:\Program Files\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Professional\bin\

New: C:\Program Files\HP\QuickTest Professional\bin\

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Anshoo_Arora Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Found Error Related to QTP Integration to our Project

Binding to which object gives you this error?  Are you able to see the methods through IntelliSense on the machine with QTP 9.2 or are you running the assembly after creating it on a machine with QTP 11? This generally means the ProdID is not registered on the  machine you are creating your assembly on. Its highly likely that you are trying to bind to an Interace that was not available with QTP 9.2.

--
Anshoo Arora
Relevant Codes
LinkedIn
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.