Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
silentstorm117 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GUI Testing Java Application

Hi,

Trying to test my java application which has a user interface. The problem I stumble upon is when using the 'object spy' tool it cannot pick up any objects within my UI apart from the UI's window. Any help is much appreciated 🙂

Kind Regards

Tan

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
pavanpy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GUI Testing Java Application

You need to check whether you have installed Java Addin for your QTP/UFT11.5. If you are using UFT11.5 you can explore insight objects or insight recording.

+pavan

0 Likes
silentstorm117 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Pretty sure Java Add-in is installed as it appears and is selected in the Add-In Manager when the program starts up.

I'll see if the insight object tool solves my problem or not.

0 Likes
rohith538 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

launch QTP first then the app,

if not check the security settings in IE & remove default settings which allows pop-ups..

0 Likes
rohith538 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* Always remember to open QTP first and then the browser where you want to record.
* Open QTP by clicking the right button of the mouse over the QTP icon and select “Run as..” option and select the Admin user. To work successfully on all environments, QTP needs admin privilege.

*. Go to Automation-->Record and Run settings-->Web and select “Record and run test on any open browser" option and click OK.

*If all of the above steps do not help in solving the issue, uncheck the “Enable protected mode” option on Tools-->Internet Options-->Security if you are using IE 8 or 9. If you are using any version below 8, disable UAC from control panel.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.