Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Getting issue with UFT 12.51 with API testing for Excel Open and closed before start test

Using UFT 12.51 with API testing, would like to open Excel sheet and Save before the test Start had raised the ticket but not solution found yet

As i am using excel Date function ie. DDMMYYYYHHMMSS it will update only if you open the Excel and save before the running the test its a data which i need to pass should be uniquie hence we need to follow this to get unique data each and every time 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Getting issue with UFT 12.51 with API testing for Excel Open and closed before start test

Can you add the screenshot of the test flow page, so that it is clearer of how your components are composed?

You can try dynamically passing the time stamp in the script instead of maintaining it externally. So I am assuming, you have pulled your web method service call to the test flow, where one of the input fields in the request XML requires this unique value at each service call. So above that, you can try using any data/time functions which are found in toolbox. Once you are satisfied with in built function of providing a unique value, you can link it to the web service input by going to properties, in that particular field, clicking on the chain link icon at the end, then mapping it to the above function output. Once you do that, a visible arrow will be connected in test flow from inbuilt function box to the service method call box and at run time will work eliminating the need to use any excel. Hope this helps.

+pavan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.