Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Getting "error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com" while running script in UFT

Hi,

I am getting error "error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com" while executing script.

Same script is running in other machine.

Vinay

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Getting "error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com" while running sc

Hi,

This issue is usually due to somehow corrupted installation of UFT.

Please clean re-install UFT following steps in next article with full admin rights on the machine as well as UAC & DEP disbaled: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00319750

Regards,

Ana

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Getting "error hresult e_fail has been returned from a call to a com" while running sc

We recently upgraded to UFT 12.02 on two VMwares and this "HRESULT E_FAIL" error message is being seen for mutliple functions in the scripts that run perfectly fine in QTP v11.  A Uninstall (per the instructions) and reinstall procedure did not resolve the issue for us. What are we missing? Currently the way we are set up is that UFT is insalled as a Concucurrent License and the entire BPT framework is on a network drive. When I plug in the error we are seeing in Google we are getting feedback from msdn 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d046ba0-ad0e-4520-a77d-129fa6695db7/error-hresult-efail-has-been-returned-from-a-call-to-a-com-component?forum=windowstransactionsprogramming

Does anyone out there have this problem and could the solution be the way the VMWares were set up by corporate? e.g Secutity settings, Firewall user access rights?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Has this been resolved?  I am getting the same error with COM in 12.02 Patch 3 (currently most recent patch).  It occurs as I step through code.  No pattern.  No consistent line of code where it occurs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

I was encountering the same "error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component" in the Requirements module of ALM (v12.60 p2) when trying to set the RQ_TARGET_REL field.  In the Groups and Permissions >Data-hiding the tightly coupled field of RQ_TARGET_RCYC was not selected as a Visible Field.  Once I enabled this the error no longer occurred. 

If you're running UFT tests that are linked to REQ's this may be your culprit as well. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.