Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

HP Sprinter 11.50 and QTP 11.00 cannot be installed on the same Machine

Hi,

As the new version of HP Sprinter has been released I wanted to use both HP QTP 11.0 and HP Sprinter 11.50 in the same machine but this is the limitation of the sprinter 11.50 this is really sad, this is restricting me and my team to use sprinter,  i dont no why this limitation because both are HP products only, if they fixed this immediately its good, otherwise so many user will stop using the new version and surly it will impact directly for product marketing. 

Regards,

Raghavendra

0 Likes
3 Replies
Commander
Commander

Hi

Firstly there is a new version of Sprinter as well - 11.5

Second - if you read the Readme I think it clearly states that you must install version 11.5 of Sprinter and also you must install patch 18 to make it work with UFT/QTP 11.5

Thirdly - install QTP 11.5 first plus all the patches and connectivity add-ins etc. before installing Sprinter. Make sure you have admin rights on the the machine you install it on as the process starts several background processes as part of the install that need local admin rights

Then you will find that it all works as expected

Thanks 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

i wanted QTP 11.00 with Sprinter 11.50, may be it works fine with the sprinter QTP 11.5, i cant upgrade qtp 11.0 to 11.50 to using only sprinter 11.50.
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Hi

Sorry - read that round the wrong way

Basically - no. You have to use matching pairs. So QTP 11 and Sprinter 11 or QTP 11.5 and Sprinter 11.5. This is becuase Sprinter uses elements of QTP engine to work.

e.g. Sprinter 11.5 has new functionality to create basic record and playback QTP script which needs the QTP 11.5 engine to do this.

Of course - you can have both installed on different machines

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.