Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP UFT 12, 12.01 & 12.02 Crash during debugging phase

Jump to solution

During the implementation of automated testing (with HP UFT 12 or 12.01 and rarely also with 11.53), during debugging, after a few clicks on F10 or F11 (Step Over and Step Into) we find that UFT crashes systematically .
With the same mode of development (we use an our internal framework), we note also that using QTP 11 or UFT 11.52 we can work without these technical problems (the tool does not crash; or if it does, it happens very very rarely, almost non-existent case).
Could someone help us out?

Thanks,
Andrea

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP UFT 12, 12.01 & 12.02 Crash during debugging phase

Jump to solution

Now i'm using HP UFT 12.02 with all 5th UFT Patches installed. No debug issues.

Regards,

Andrew

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Absent Member.. Jatin_jpmc Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP UFT 12 & 12.01 Crash during debugging phase

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew

Did you find any solution for above problem?

Regards

JAtin

@AndrewC23 wrote:

No solution yet....? Or patch?

0 Likes
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Not yet, did you find any solution or workaround?

0 Likes
sabita_adhikari
New Member.

Jump to solution

I would check RAM size. UFT would require at least 6 GB of RAM.

0 Likes
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Really?....it's a little bit strange....did you try? I'll send you a feedback ASAP.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. rFish_911 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Do you use record and playback or expert view?

We are having a similar issue. We do not use record and playback. So we have a pair of fairly large function libraries which HP believes is causing the problem. But as you said, it was not an issue prior to 12. As far as memory is concerned, we use 4 per box, but I did bump one box up to 8 gigs and experienced the same behavior.

If we come to some resolution, I will be certain to post here.

Thanks,

Ray

AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We did the same experiment, with same result. For all that concern the increasing of RAM.
We use an our "custom framework" with many libraries; we don't have this issue with prior version of UFT (the best for us is UFT 11.52).

actually we have to try UFT 12.02. I'll keep you informed.

Andrew

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

We are on 12.02 now with the same behavior. We are also receiving an intermittent error dialog  displaying, "Could not load run result." when opening run results. Do your run results appear correctly?

0 Likes
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Sometimes it is the same thing happened to me too

0 Likes
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It is strange that all previous versions from the "UFT 11.52" do not give these problems

0 Likes
creed5105 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

We recently installed UFT 12.02, and it crashes/freezes at very predictable parts of the code while stepping through with F10 or F11.  In order to recreate the issue, you have to be watching variables or have the local variables tab visible during the debug session.  

Has anyone else also experienced this?  Find a solution?

6 GB RAM

CollinR Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

More detail... 

Here is the code to reproduce. The way it is shown below it actually will NOT freeze. It is accessing something from the C drive. Our K drive is a network drive. If you were to uncomment that line of code, it will freeze when stepping through. The only way to get out is kill the process in Task Manager.  You must be watching variables or have the local variables tab showing for it to recreate.  Does anyone have any information specific to access network drives that could cause UFT to freeze while stepping through debug and watching variables?  This code worked fine with QTP 11.00.

Dim folderObject
Set folderObject = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

' Set objFolder = folderObject.GetFolder("K:\QA-TESTING\Bubble Files\")

Set objFolder = folderObject.GetFolder("C:\Program Files (x86)")

Set colSubFolders = objFolder.Subfolders

UFT 12.02

Windows 2008 R2

6GB RAM

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Has anybody opened a support case with HP on this issue?

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Absolutely, I have had a case open for some time.

0 Likes
AndrewC23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Behavior very similar, same steps / actions, if we execute our code. Tomorrow we will perform your code on our workstations.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.