Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP UFT 12, 12.01 & 12.02 Crash during debugging phase

Jump to solution

During the implementation of automated testing (with HP UFT 12 or 12.01 and rarely also with 11.53), during debugging, after a few clicks on F10 or F11 (Step Over and Step Into) we find that UFT crashes systematically .
With the same mode of development (we use an our internal framework), we note also that using QTP 11 or UFT 11.52 we can work without these technical problems (the tool does not crash; or if it does, it happens very very rarely, almost non-existent case).
Could someone help us out?

Thanks,
Andrea

0 Likes
32 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi everyone,

Any patch available for UFT 12.0?

I am an HP employee.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Did you get this resolved?

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Now i'm using HP UFT 12.02 with all 5th UFT Patches installed. No debug issues.

Regards,

Andrew

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi AndrewC23

Could you please specify what patches you have iinstalled and the process followed? 

Did you only installed the patches or you did a clean reinstall?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I installed UFT 12.02 with all 5 patches and it seems that the debug crash issue is solved.
Let me have your feedback.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was also facing same issue where the UFT 12.01 gets stuck in debug mode. I observed that if I have some variable in Watch and try to do debug by step, after certain debug clicks, UFT will throw some HREF error and will stuck.

I found a work around of clearing all the watch items once u validated the same during debug

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I recently got my machine upgraded and the new one comes with 16 gigs of RAM. Still I'm facing the same issue while debugging.

Does anyone has any information whether the update patch 12.53 has this issue fixed or not? My current version is 12.01 Build 1112.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I am facing this issue on UFT 12.53. Anyone has any resolution for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

i have windows 10  and UFT 12.01 and i have the same freeze or crash problems when debug. 

the worst is that I have the last patch 6 installed, before and after installing patch 6, the same thing keeps happening

There is no solution???????????

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.